HOLLYLAND 912 BRAND DAY
HOLLYLAND 912 BRAND DAY
Last updated: July 28, 2023
If you have any question, advice, or suggestion, please contact us through the following contact information:
This Policy describes:
1. How We Collect & Use Your Personal Information
3. How We Share, Transfer, and Publicly Disclose Your Personal Information
4. How We Protect Your Personal Information
5. Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
6. How We Process Children’s Personal Information
7. International Transfer of Your Personal Information
8. Retention Period of Your Personal Information
9. Updates to This Policy
10. How to Contact Us
Hollyland understands the importance of personal information to you and will make every effort to protect your personal information. We are committed to maintaining your trust in us and protecting your personal information by abiding by the following principles: principle of consistent power and responsibility, principle of clear purpose, principle of choice and consent, principle of least sufficient use, principle of ensuring safety, principle of subject participation, principle of openness and transparency, etc. At the same time, Hollyland promises that we will take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the industry’s mature security standards.
Please read and understand this Policy carefully before using our products or services.
Personal information refers to all kinds of information recorded electronically or by other means that can identify the identity of a particular natural person or reflect the activities of a particular natural person independently or in combination with other information.
Hollyland will only collect and use your personal information for the purposes set forth in this Policy.
To complete the account creation, you may need to provide the following information to Hollyland: your mobile phone number, email address, created account name, and account password.
If you purchase Hollyland products or services from us, in order to successfully complete the transaction, you need to provide the following information: your name, mobile phone number, email address, mailing address, ID card number, bank card number, and other identity, payment, and receiving information required to generate the order. If you do not provide this information, you will not be able to purchase Hollyland products or services.
When using Hollyland products or services, in order to ensure the proper functioning of Hollyland products and services, you may need to provide us with the following information: geographical location information of your device, device configuration information, sharing of words or pictures, and other information. We may also collect your logs of using our products, the IP address of access to our products or services, time, information, and others. If you refuse to provide this information, we will not be able to provide you with the appropriate services, but it will not affect your use of Hollyland products or services for other functions.
To enhance your service experience, improve our service quality, guard against risks, or recommend better or more suitable services for you, we will collect information provided by you when you contact our customer service team to provide information, your responses to survey questionnaires you submit to us, information about the service categories and methods you use, and your interactions with the services.
With your consent, we will provide you with more closely related information and advertisements that you may be interested in based on the contact information you provide, unless otherwise not permitted by law. If you do not want to receive such information, you can reply to our text message or email for unsubscription.
We will invite you to participate in Hollyland’s product improvement program to help us design new products and services, or improve our existing products and services. With your consent, we may collect the following information about you for analysis and research of products or services: your account information, device information, device diagnosis and usage data, and device identifiers (such as MAC address and SN). If you choose not to be included in the product improvement plan, it will not affect your use of Hollyland products or services.
You are fully aware that we have the right to collect and use your personal information without your authorization under the following circumstances:
(1) Such information collection and use are related to national security and national defense security.
(2) Such information collection and use are related to public security, public health, and major public interest.
(3) Such information collection and use are related to criminal investigation, prosecution, judgment, and judgment enforcement.
(4) Such information collection and use aim to protect the life, property, and other major lawful rights and interests of personal information subjects or other individuals but it is very difficult to obtain the consent of the owner of the said information.
(5) The personal information collected is publicized by the personal information subject to the public.
(6) Your personal information is collected from any information disclosed lawfully and publicly such as lawful news reporting and government information publicity.
(7) Such information collection and use are necessary for signing a contract according to your requirements.
(8) Such information collection and use are necessary for maintaining the secure and stable operation of the products or services provided, for example, discovering and handling service malfunctions.
(9) Such information collection and use are necessary for lawful news reporting.
(10) Such information collection and use are necessary for academic research institutions to carry out statistics or academic research based on public interests and provide the results of academic research or description to the outside. The personal information contained in the results shall be de-identified.
(11) Such information collection and use are related to our fulfillment of obligations stipulated by laws and regulations.
(12) Such information collection and use are necessary in other circumstances stipulated by laws and regulations.
Your personal information may contain sensitive personal information, such as your race, religious belief, personal health status, gender orientation, etc. When you are using our products or services, you may upload or release such sensitive information through public channels. Please handle such sensitive personal information with caution.
The above information provided by you will continue to be used by us during your use of Hollyland products and services. After you close your account, we will stop using and delete the above information. If there are other law and regulation requirements on the retention period of the information, we will comply with the corresponding laws and regulations.
We will seek your prior consent to use the information for other purposes not specified in this Policy.
If we want to use the information collected for a specific purpose for other purposes, we will ask for your prior consent.
To ensure our website works properly, we will store small data files called cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies usually contain identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. With cookies, websites can verify your identity, ensure the security of data and services, store your preferences or items in your shopping cart, and provide you with better products or services.
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our website such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Hollyland, it may contain a click-through URL that links to our website. If you click the link, Hollyland will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. A web beacon is usually a transparent image embedded in a website or an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email has been opened. You can unsubscribe from the Hollyland mailing list at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
We will not share your personal information with any company, organization, or individual other than Hollyland except in the following circumstances:
(1) Sharing with express consent: After obtaining your express consent, we will share your personal information with other parties.
(2) We may share your personal information with the outside according to laws and regulations or the mandatory requirements of competent government authorities.
(3) Sharing with our affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates. We will only share necessary personal information and are bound by the purposes stated in this Policy. If our affiliates intend to change the purposes for processing the personal information, they will ask for your authorization once again.
(4) Sharing with our authorized partners: Some of our services will be provided by authorized partners only for the purposes stated in this Policy. We may share some of your personal information with our partners to provide better customer service and user experience. For example, when you make an online purchase of our products, we must share your personal information with a logistics service provider to arrange delivery or collaborate with our partners to provide services. We will only share your personal information for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific, and clear purposes and will only share such personal information as is necessary to provide services. Our partners have no right to use the shared personal information for any other purpose.
At present, Hollyland’s authorized partners include our suppliers, service providers, and other partners. We send information to the suppliers, service providers, and other partners who support our business globally. This support includes providing technology infrastructure services, transaction and communications services (such as payment, logistics, text message, email services, etc.), analyzing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of advertisements and services, providing customer support, enabling payments, conducting academic research and surveys, etc.
We will enter into strict confidentiality agreements with the companies, organizations, and individuals with whom we share personal information, requiring them to process personal information in accordance with our instructions, this Policy, and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures.
Third-party software development kits (SDKs): To provide and optimize our services, our app may integrate third-party SDKs. While these third-party SDKs cooperate with us to provide you with more comprehensive services, they may also collect your personal information. We will take necessary measures to control the collection and use of your personal information by these third-party SDKs, ensuring the effective protection of your personal information.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization, or individual except in the following circumstances:
(1) Transfer with your express consent: Upon your express consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties.
(2) When any merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy liquidation is involved, we will require any new company or organization holding your personal information to continue to be bound by this Policy in case of any transfer of personal information; otherwise we will require the company or organization to seek authorization from you again.
We will publicly disclose your personal information only in the following circumstances:
1. After your express consent is obtained.
2. Disclosure based on laws: We may disclose your personal information publicly under the mandatory requirements of laws, legal procedures, lawsuits, or competent government authorities.
(1) We have used industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. We will take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information. For example, data (such as credit card information) exchanged between your browser and the service is protected by SSL encryption; We provide HTTPS safe browsing mode for Hollyland official website. We will use encryption to ensure the confidentiality of the data. We will use trusted protection against malicious attacks on our data. We set up a personal information protection unit. We will deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to personal information. In addition, we will conduct security and privacy protection training courses to enhance employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
(2) We will take all reasonably practicable measures to ensure that irrelevant personal information is not collected. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Policy, unless the retention period is extended or permitted by law.
(3) The Internet is not an absolutely secure environment, and the way you communicate with other Hollyland users in email, instant messaging, and other forms of communication is not encrypted. We strongly recommend that you do not send personal information in this way. Please use complex passwords to help us secure your account.
(4) The Internet environment is not 100% secure. We will try our best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send us. If our physical, technical, or management protection facilities are damaged, resulting in unauthorized access, public disclosure, tampering, or destruction of information, resulting in damage to your legitimate rights and interests, we will assume the corresponding legal responsibility.
(5) If unfortunately a personal information security incident occurs, we will, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, inform you of the basic information of the security incident and its possible impact, the actions and measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for you to prevent and mitigate the risk, and applicable remediation measures. We will inform you of the security incident by email, mail, call, text message, push notification, or other methods as appropriate in a timely manner. When it is difficult to notify each personal information subject, we will post a public notice in a reasonable and effective way. Meanwhile, we will report such personal information security incident and our actions in accordance with the requirements of the regulatory authorities.
In accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and standards in China as well as prevailing practices in other countries and regions, we ensure your rights to exercise the following over your personal information:
You have the right to access your personal information in accordance with laws and regulations. If you want to exercise your right to access the information, you can do so by using the following methods:
Account information — If you want to access or modify your personal profile details and payment information, change your password, add security details, or close your account within your account settings, you can perform such actions by accessing our website or mobile applications. However, due to security and identity verification considerations or as stipulated by laws and regulations, you may not be able to modify the initial registration information provided during your registration.
If you are unable to access such personal information through the aforementioned methods, you may contact us at any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by way of the website or application.
When you discover inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you, you have the right to request corrections from us. You may feel free to email us at email@example.com or contact us using the means provided on our website or application.
You may request the deletion of your personal information from us in the following circumstances:
1. Our collection and use of your personal information violate laws and regulations.
2. Our processing of your personal information breaches the agreements we have with you.
If we decide to comply with your request for deletion, we will also notify the entities that have obtained your personal information from us to promptly delete it, unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations or these entities have obtained your separate authorization.
After you or we assist in deleting the relevant information, due to applicable laws and security technologies, we may not be able to immediately remove the corresponding information from the backup system. We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be cleared or anonymized.
Some basic personal information is required to fulfill business functions (see the first section in this Policy). You may at any time grant or withdraw your authorization regarding the collection and use of additional personal information.
You can do so by using the following methods:
You can reset your authorization scope for your personal information by visiting the authorization page on our website or application.
Once you withdraw your authorization, we will no longer process the corresponding personal information. However, your decision to withdraw your authorization will not affect the personal information processing that was carried out based on your prior authorization.
If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message.
You may close your previously registered account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your account is closed, we will stop providing you with account-related products or services. We will also delete your personal information as per your request, unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations.
In some business functions, decisions may be made solely based on non-human automatic decision-making mechanisms such as information systems and algorithms. If these decisions significantly affect your legitimate rights and interests, you have the right to request an explanation from us, and we will also provide appropriate remedies.
For security reasons, you may need to submit a written request or otherwise prove your identity. We may first require you to verify your own identity and then process your request.
If you are not satisfied with the results, you can also file complaints or reports with regulatory authorities such as the Cyberspace Administration, Telecommunications Bureau, Public Security Bureau, and Industry and Commerce Bureau.
In principle, we will not collect charges for your reasonable request, but we will collect certain costs and charges depending on the circumstance in case of any repeated request beyond a reasonable scope. We may refuse any request that is repeated without cause or requires too many technical means (e.g. requiring development of a new system or fundamental change of current practices) or causes risks to others’ lawful rights and interests or is very impracticable (e.g. involving information stored on backup tapes).
In the following circumstances, we will not be able to respond to your request as required by laws and regulations:
1. Such request is directly related to national security and national defense security.
2. Such request is directly related to public security, public health, and major public interest.
3. Such request is directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, judgment, and judgment enforcement.
4. There is sufficient evidence that you have subjective malice or abuse your right.
5. Responding to your request will cause your or other individuals’ or organizations’ lawful rights and interests to be seriously damaged.
6. Such request involves situations where it is difficult to obtain your personal authorization but is necessary for safeguarding significant lawful rights and interests, such as life and property, for you or other individuals.
7. Such request involves any trade secret.
8. Such request is related to our fulfillment of obligations stipulated by laws and regulations.
Our websites, products, and services are primarily intended for adults. A child must not create a Hollyland account without the consent of a parent or guardian.
If a child’s personal information is collected with prior parental consent, we will only use or disclose the information as permitted by law, with the explicit consent of the child’s parents or guardians, or when necessary for the protection of the child.
Notwithstanding the difference in definitions of children according to local laws and customs, we treat any person aged below 14 as a child.
If we accidentally collect a child’s personal information without verified prior consent of the child’s parents, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
In principle, personal information collected and generated by us within the territory of the People’s Republic of China will be stored within the territory of the People’s Republic of China.
Since we provide products or services through our worldwide resources and servers, this means that your personal information may be transferred to or accessed from overseas jurisdictions in the countries/territories where you use products or services. We will conduct a safety assessment according to the requirements of laws and regulations before the transfer.
Such jurisdictions may have different data protection laws or may not have them in place. In such cases, we will ensure that your personal information is adequately and equally protected within the People’s Republic of China.
Generally, we only retain your personal information for the shortest period necessary to achieve the purposes for which you have granted authorization, unless there are legal requirements or separate authorization from you to the contrary. After the aforementioned personal information retention period has expired, we will delete your personal information or anonymize it.
This Policy may be changed. We will release the latest Policy on this page for any changes. If major changes are made to this Policy, we may notify you through different channels. The major changes referred to in this Policy include but are not limited to:
(1) Major changes in our service model, such as changes in the purpose of processing personal information, changes in the types of personal information being processed, and the use methods of personal information
(2) Changes in the main objects of personal information sharing, transfer, or public disclosure
(3) Major changes in your rights relating to personal information or in the methods to exercise such rights
If you continue to use Hollyland products or services after the updated Policy takes effect, it indicates that you have fully read, understood, and accepted the updated Policy and are willing to be bound by the updated Policy.
If you have any question, advice, or suggestion about this Policy, you may send an email to us at email@example.com.