If you are a fan of musical events, you may need a microphone to record the live music anywhere you want. For this purpose, you can opt for an Android microphone to have an accessible recording device at your disposal. These mics can capture the sound, atmosphere, and unique moments of live musical events.
Additionally, these external microphones help improve the quality of your audio content if you are a vlogger or journalist. In this article, we will discuss the 5 best Android microphones for recording live music so you can choose the most feasible one.
Comparison of Different Android Microphones
There is a huge market for Android microphones to record the best quality sound. To choose the best Android microphone, you need to consider many metrics. These metrics have been discussed below to compare the 5 best Android microphones out there.
|20Hz – 22kHz
|20Hz – 20KHz
|50 – 18,000 Hz
|35 Hz to 18 kHz
5 Best Android Microphones for Recording Live Music
Now that you have a brief overview of the main specifications of these Android mics, let’s discuss them in detail. For this purpose, we have addressed each microphone in detail to give you a better understanding of their features. Furthermore, you can get insights into these Android microphones by going over the key specifications given below:
AKG Lyra microphone provides an intuitive plug-and-play setup to connect the microphone to your Android devices. It has versatile mounting options, as it can be mounted to a standard or boom mic stand. With the help of this four-capsule microphone array, you can have four user-friendly capture modes. Moreover, the AKG Lyra microphone gives ultra HD quality audio to the users for recording live music.
Other than that, the microphone provides real-time monitoring without any latency during tracking, with complete command over output volume and mute function. This Android microphone comes with an Ableton Live 10 Lite audio production software license.
|247.5 mm (9.72 in.)
|152.50 mm (6 in.)
|107.90 mm (4.23 in.)
|Selectable: Tight Stereo, Front and Back, Wide Stereo, Front
|20Hz – 22kHz
|Headphones S/N ratio
|129 dB SPL (0.5% THD)
- It is a great sounding mic option for the vlogger to do recording as it is easy to plug in and play.
- This microphone is one of the best options for recording podcasts and musical events because it has four different polar patterns to capture audio.
- AKG Lyra can be too sensitive to unwanted noise, causing problems in the recording.
Lavalier II is the premium choice for professionals because of its in-demand audio and video applications. The microphone has a 3.5mm TRS locking connector for a secure connection with any device. In addition to that, it has a premium accessory kit with a pop filter and windshield for protection. With this windshield, you can record outdoors in windy weather conditions.
Also, this microphone is discreet and easy to conceal, helping to record any type of voice seamlessly. This Android microphone also comes with multiple colorful identification tags to help you identify the microphone in multi-mic setups.
|20Hz – 20KHz
|79 dB Typical
|-38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.59 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 3 dB @ 1kHz
|Maximum Output Level
|50mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- The microphone has a hands-free option, as you can attach it to the clothing to record live music.
- It is a good option for close-up sound during concerts, as it is efficient in capturing the sound that is close to the source.
- If Lavalier II is not placed correctly on your clothes, it may generate rustling sounds.
It is a low-profile design microphone that assures minimum visibility while recording live music. ATR4450iS is instantly compatible with Android and is recommended for dance and sports instructors. Users can get the advantage of full coverage with the help of the omni-pickup pattern of this microphone. Other than that, the microphone included an LR44 battery type, tie clip, and foam windscreen.
Plus, it offers the stereo 1/8″ input that helps with both right and left-channel audio recording. In short, the Audio-Technica ATR3350iS lavalier microphone is designed for intelligible, accurate, and voice reproduction.
|Open Circuit Sensitivity
|50 – 18,000 Hz
|6 g (0.2 oz)
|Tie clip, Foam Windscreen, Battery, Smartphone Adopter
- It has a detachable cable that can be replaced easily and anytime from the connected device.
- ATR3350iS lavalier microphone has a closed-back design that reduces the chance of voice leaks.
- This microphone is less successful in capturing sound from a distance as it is designed to record voice from a close source.
Compared to other microphones, this microphone is rotatable and can capture audio while recording the video. Moreover, you can set the position of this microphone by rotating the mic to the audio position for recording sound. People can record the live music while taking a selfie with the help of this microphone. With the help of a headphone jack, people can monitor the audio before, during, and after the recording.
Furthermore, you can control this Android microphone using the Zoom Handy Recorder app that allows you to record, edit, and share the audio with your colleagues or friends. It even allows you to record the audio in the selfie mode.
|+3 – +43 dB
|Powered by the Connected Device
|Maximum Input Sound Pressure
|120 dB SPL
|Mid-side (M-S) stereo mic (90°/120°/M-S)
|USB Type-C Connector
|48 kHz/16 bit
- This stereo microphone can be rotated to record audio in different orientations during musical events.
- Zoom Am7 has an adjustable knob to adjust the level of audio recording manually.
- You cannot connect this mic to an iPhone/iPad with a USB-C connector.
Saramonic Mini Condenser has a compact capsule with a built-in swivel, allowing you to direct your attention toward desired sounds for optimal capture. Furthermore, it has a built-in shock mount that avoids recording unwanted vibration and handling noise. People can carry this microphone anywhere as it is lightweight.
Besides this, it can be used with devices that don’t have a headphone jack when people use a USB-C headphone adaptor. This compact Android microphone also doesn’t require any batteries or charging because it takes power from your smartphone.
|35 Hz to 18 kHz
|Dimension of mic
|71.2mm x 15.24mm x 12.7mm)
|Signal to Noise Ratio
|TRRS (3.5mm jack)
- Unlike other microphones, it comes with a multi-directional head to record voice from multiple angles.
- This microphone is affordable to people who are looking for a cost-effective mic.
- This Android microphone has various complaints related to its low built quality.
Tips for Choosing the Right Android Microphone for Live Music Recording
You need a microphone for your Android devices to record calls, videos, and live music. When choosing the microphone for any purpose, you have to consider some factors. These factors have been discussed in the below section so you can consider them before choosing them.
- Polar Pattern: The microphone’s polar pattern determines how it picks up the sounds. Depending on your need, you can choose the omnidirectional, bi-directional, and cardioid for minimizing background noises.
- Sensitivity: A highly sensitive microphone is vital for capturing subtle sounds, especially when recording in the studio. Whereas less sensitive microphones can handle high sound pressure levels such as outdoor recording.
- Frequency Response: It is the ability of the microphone to capture the different frequencies of sound in other settings. In addition to that, some microphones are tailored for specific frequencies and optimized for vocals and instruments.
- Connection Type: You must connect the microphone to the device, so it is essential to consider the connection type, such as USB and XLR connection. Additionally, USB-based devices are easy to plug in and play relative to an XLR connection.
Thus, the microphone can help you record live music in good quality by attaching it to the Android device. No doubt, there are many options for Android microphones available in the market. You can choose the suitable one from the best 5 Android microphones we have discussed in this article. For this purpose, the factors involved in selecting the microphone have also been discussed to make the choice easier for you.