There are many reasons for having wireless headphones with transmitters. While freedom from wires is the best causes to get one of them, there are more benefits to look at. Wireless headphones that come with a transmitter are simple to set up with your TV. All you need to do is plug the transmitter into your TV’s output and switch on the headphones.
This also gives a better way for seniors with hearing difficulty to get full entertainment from television. Contrarily, whether young or old, these headphones are great for anyone who loves watching shows without disturbing the surrounding people with loud volume.
So if you’re having trouble finding excellent wireless transmitter headphones, this article informs you about the 8 outstanding brands. It covers all the major features, pros, cons, and prices for each product so you can make the right choice.
5 Things to Consider When Choosing Wireless Headphones with Transmitter
Here are 5 factors to pick great wireless headphones with transmitters for TV or other compatible devices.
a. Design and Comfort Level
You can’t wear a device on your head for longer hours if it will make you uncomfortable. Therefore, when picking wireless headphones with transmitter, always choose the one that offers great comfort. It is wise to go for lightweight headphones as they won’t put stress on your head. At the same time, make sure the ear cups are cushioned with high-quality material, and the headphone design includes adjustable headbands.
b. Wireless Technology
You need to check what type of wireless technology has been used in the headphones and transmitter. Generally, transmitter wireless headphones come with RF (Radio Frequency), Infrared (IR), and Bluetooth technologies. However, the most utilized wireless connectivity is Bluetooth.
c. Covered Range
Make sure the headphones you want offer a great range with the transmitter. For instance, some companies provide a 100-meter wireless range. This makes it easier for you to roam around the place without losing sound.
d. Battery Life
The battery life plays a vital role if you plan to use wireless headphones for an extended period. You must choose the brand that provides long battery life in both headphones and transmitters.
Select wireless transmitter headphones that are pocket-friendly to you. You will find companies offering rich features at reasonable prices. It is advised to ignore expensive headphones if they are not in your budget.
Comparison Table – 8 Top Wireless Headphones with Transmitter
|Product||Price||Wireless Technology||Range||Battery Time||Charging Time||Frequency Response|
|Avantree Opera||$149.99||Bluetooth||150ft||35 hours||1.5 hours||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Sennheiser RS 175-U||$279.95||RF||328ft||Up to 18 hours||8.5 hours||17Hz to 22kHz|
|Sennheiser RS 195-U||$399.95||2.4GHz||328ft||Up to 18 hours||8.5 hours||17Hz to 22kHz|
|Sony WH-RF400||$119.99||RF||150ft||Up to 20 hours||7 hours||10Hz to 22kHz|
|Sennheiser RS 120-W||$129.95||Bluetooth||196ft||Up to 20 hours||5 hours||22Hz to 19.5kHz|
|ANSTEN ADH300NEW||$69.99||2.4GHz/RF||100ft||Up to 20 hours||Up to 5 hours||25Hz to 20kHz|
|Avantree HT5009||$129.99||Bluetooth||164ft||Up to 40 hours||3.5 hours||20Hz to 20kHz|
|Avantree Ensemble||$99.99||Bluetooth||100ft||Up to 35 hours||2 hours||20Hz to 20kHz|
Note: All wireless headphones with transmitter prices are taken from their official sites. The manufacturers have the right to change pricing as per their requirements.
8 Admirable Wireless Headphones with Transmitter
Here are the 8 best wireless headphones for TV with transmitter.
1. Avantree Opera
The Avantree Opera headphones offer great audio quality. They are instilled with Bluetooth 5.0, which allows seamless and stable connectivity with a little audio latency. While the wireless transmission ensures great connection through Bluetooth, it also serves as a source to connect two headphones at the same time.
Regarding sound quality, Avantree Opera delivers balanced and rich audio from the source. These headphones are magnificent at providing crispy high, clean mids, and deep bass notes. When all these traits combine, they polish the comprehensive listening experience for movies, music, and more.
Opera comes with an ergonomic design that fits ears without cousin pain when used for extended hours. While both earpads have plush memory foam, Opera also has a foldable design which makes them a great travel companion. And most importantly, the Avantree Opera wireless headphones with transmitter have an unexpectedly lengthy battery life of up to thirty-five hours.
Features and Specifications of Avantree Opera
- 2x EQ presets
- 1.5 hours charging time
- 35-hour battery time
- <40 ms sound latency
- 245 grams headphones weight
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Wireless range up to 45 meters (150ft)
- 2-in-1 transmitter that also acts as a charging dock
- Fast pairing with all genuine TV brandsPass-through enabled for connectivity with the device’s soundbar
Pros of Avantree Opera
- Portable design
- Controls under earcups for quick adjustments and settings
- Compatible with multiple devices, including gaming consoles, tablets, smartphones, and laptops
Cons of Avantree Opera
- The latency can be noticeable
- The transmission range is limited
- It does not connect to all Bluetooth codecs
2. Sennheiser RS 175-U
The Sennheiser RS 175-U wireless headphones with transmitter give an outstanding audio experience. Moreover, the wireless transmitter that comes in the package provides effortless connectivity, allowing you to move freely without giving up on sound quality. With an easy setup, you can use RS 175-U to pair with different devices other than TV, such as gaming consoles.
Sennheiser RS 175-U headphones with transmitter have an over-ear design with an adjustable headband and plush ear cups to ensure there’s no point of inconvenience, even if you wear it for longer hours. Besides, the RS 175-U headphones are equipped with the benchmark Sennheiser sound quality. It has a punchy and controllable bass response with balanced treble and midrange frequencies. Therefore, making these headphones ideal for movies, music, and gaming.
Features and Specifications of Sennheiser RS 175-U
- 8.5-hour charging time
- Up to 18 hours of battery life
- RF wireless technology
- Range up to 100 meters (328ft)
- 3.5mm TRS analog input
- RCA and TOSLINK optical digital inputs
- 200-gram transmitter weight
- 310-gram headphones weight (without batteries)
- 114 dB maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)
- 12V DC transmitter power supply
- 17Hz to 22kHz frequency response
- 2x AAA batteries (rechargeable) are required for the headphones’ power supply
Pros of Sennheiser RS 175-U
- Wide range
- Vast connectivity options
- Great noise isolation for long listening sessions
- It comes with an automatic turn-off feature that saves battery power
Cons of Sennheiser RS 175-U
- Expensive headphones
- Bulky and heavyweight design
- There’s no noise-cancellation feature
- These headphones lack built-in batteries, so you need to replace them often
3. Sennheiser RS 195-U
The Sennheiser RS 195-U is an advanced version of the RS 175-U. What makes these wireless headphones with transmitter different from other models is the personalized hearing profile feature. The product lets you customize sound as per the listener’s requirements. It is equipped with a manual, and built-in presets for fine-tuning audio for people with hearing issues.
In terms of comfort, the Sennheiser RS 195-U comes with an adjustable headband with plush ear pads, great for longer sessions. On the other hand, the wireless transmitter makes sure you get a solid and reliable connection without getting caught in the cables. This connection can last for several meters.
Next, they offer excellent sound quality due to their high-fidelity sound regeneration traits, which makes them great for numerous audio activities, such as gaming, music, and films. Furthermore, RS 195-U has a multi-purpose transmitter, making these headphones compatible with audio systems, TVs, and computers. You can also connect multiple headphones with the same transmitter, allowing multiple users to listen to the same audio source.
Features and Specifications of Sennheiser RS 195-U
- 117 dB Max SPL
- 340 grams weight
- Multi-audio inputs
- Audiophile-grade sound
- 8.5 hours charging time
- Approximate 18-hour battery time
- 2.4 GHz digital wireless technology
- 17Hz to 22kHz frequency response
- Wireless range up to 100 meters (328ft)
- Closed-back design to ensure noise isolation
- It has a bass boost mode that improves low-frequency response
- The transmitter also functions as a docking station to charge headphones
Pros of Sennheiser RS 195-U
- The audio supports both digital and analog inputs
- It delivers deep bass notes for a high audio experience
- There are on-ear controls for volume adjustment and sound settings
Cons of Sennheiser RS 195-U
- Very pricey
- Some users report slight latency
- There is no noise-cancellation in these headphones
4. Sony WH-RF400
Sony WH-RF400 is another addition to the list of best wireless headphones with transmitter. It is designed in a way that provides a great comfort level along with high-quality sound. Plus, it has cushioned ear cups that fit perfectly on both ears without causing any discomfort.
Talking specifically about the audio, you will definitely find Sony WH-RF400 more expressive. And why not? That’s what is always expected from Sony. So if you want to listen to your favorite jam or watch a movie, these headphones deliver immense sound.
The RF connectivity makes reliable connections with minimal sound dropouts within the range. Compared to other wireless transmitter headsets, the battery life of WH-RF400 could be better as it only gives 20 hours of time. Likewise, there’s no Bluetooth connectivity option, as these headphones can’t be connected to other Bluetooth devices, such as smartphones or tablets.
Features and Specifications of Sony WH-RF400
- RF technology
- Over-ear noise-blocking design
- It has 40mm, large-size drivers
- The transmitter also works as a charging dock
- Mute feature with volume controls
- 7-hour estimated charging time
- Up to 20 hours of battery time
- 10Hz to 22kHz frequency response
- Wireless range up to 45 meters (150ft)
Pros of Sony WH-RF400
- Affordable pricing
- Stable connection
- Good battery life at the demanded price
- They can be used with wired connections if required
Cons of Sony WH-RF400
- It has a non-portable design
- Limited wireless range
- Cannot be used for exercise or sports activities
5. Sennheiser RS 120-W
If you don’t want to compromise on sound quality but your budget is limited, you can look for Sennheiser RS 120-W. These wireless headphones with transmitter are an outstanding combination of high performance, comfort, and ease. So let’s talk about the audio experience first.
The Sennheiser RS 120-W headphones offer detailed sounds with clean high and rich base notes. The fact that it has an open-back construction is also one of the reasons for providing a more natural sound. The next thing is comfort, where this product truly has some great traits. The plush ear pads and lightweight design makes prolonged listening sessions feel like air.
Additionally, the wireless transmitter is extremely easy to set up. Just a push of jacks in the source makes everything ready. Also, the transmitter serves as a station for charging the headphones too.
Features and Specifications of Sennheiser RS 120-W
- 215 grams weight
- 5-hour charging time
- Supra-aural ear coupling
- Up to 20 hours of battery time
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Wireless range is 60 meters (196ft)
- 22Hz to 19.5kHz frequency response
- These headphones offer three sound modes – Neutral, Music, and Speech
- On-ear design with ergonomic control dial for quick volume adjustment
Pros of Sennheiser RS 120-W
- Simple set up
- Comfortable to wear
- The transmitter allows connection to multiple headphones
Cons of Sennheiser RS 120-W
- The price seems high compared to this product’s features
6. ANSTEN ADH300NEW
With ANSTEN ADH300NEW wireless headphones with transmitter, you can enjoy interference-free and fast audio transmission with the help of 2.4GHz RF connectivity. The company claims that this model has a powerful radio frequency that can beat the ceilings and walls.
The ANSTEN ADH300NEW provides a seamless listening experience that comes with a zero-lip sync delay feature. This makes these headphones perfect for watching movies, videos, and games. You can also add another pair to the transmitter to multiply the fun with your friends and family.
Another notable feature is the ON/OFF LED indication lights, along with a low-charge indicator alert. They have an ergonomic adjustable headband that can fit most head sizes, while the earpads are well-padded to provide maximum comfort.
Features and Specifications of ANSTEN ADH300NEW
- RCA audio output
- Extra bass with crisp treble
- 25Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- 30 meters wireless range (100ft)
- Charging time takes around 4 to 5 hours
- Rechargeable battery that lasts up to 20 hours
- Advanced technology for receiving signals through the walls
- Multi-purpose transmitter that also works as a charging station
- Wide compatibility with almost all audio and video devices
Pros of ANSTEN ADH300NEW
- There is no audio lag
- These headphones come with multi-link support
- Official site gives a discounted price which is quite reasonable
Cons of ANSTEN ADH300NEW
- Heavy design
- The wireless range is limited
- Some users don’t find sound quality up to the mark
7. Avantree HT5009
The HT5009 is another Avantree wireless headphones with transmitter that provides remarkably low sound latency that goes below 40ms. That’s far lower than the typical Bluetooth headsets, which mostly have 200+ ms latency. This signifies that this product creates great harmony between visual and audio content.
Avantree HT5009 is simple to set up, as there is no complex pairing process. You only need to connect the transmitter to your television’s audio output and turn it, as well as the headphones, on to make a stable connection.
What’s more? The HT5009 has a Pass-through feature, permitting it to establish a simultaneous connection with your Stereo AV receivers or soundbar. So, for instance, you listen to your TV’s audio through these headphones while your family enjoys the same sound via a soundbar.
Features and Specifications of HT5009
- <40 ms latency
- 3.5-hours charging time
- Battery timing is up to 40 hours
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Class 1 and Bluetooth v5.0 connectivity
- Wireless range is up to 50 meters (164ft)
- Connection through AUX, RCA, and Optical input cables
Pros of HT5009
- Fast charging time
- Lengthy battery life
- Inexpensive headphones
Cons of HT5009
- These headphones lack sound customization
- Required lithium batteries for headphones
- Some users are not satisfied with the sound delivery
8. Avantree Ensemble
The Avantree Ensemble provides a convenient way to savor your favorite movies and TV shows without disturbing everybody’s sleep. They have a well-balanced sound to ensure clean audio, while their 40mm drivers offer robust sound, so you don’t miss a word.
The Ensemble has an easy setup and doesn’t require Bluetooth pairing. All you need to do is plug the transmitter into your TV’s output port and turn it on. Then, switch on the headphones, and it will get automatically connected.
This feature allows you to use Ensemble with all other devices without built-in Bluetooth. AUX, RCA, 3.5mmm, and Opticcal input options also let you connect these wireless transmitter headphones to any TV.
Although it has a great battery life, it is 5 hours shorter than the HT5009 but still better than most brands. And when you need to charge the headphones, you just need to place them over the transmitter, as it also works as a charging base.
Features and Specifications of Avantree Ensemble
- Multi-format support
- Less than 40 ms latency
- Up to 35 hours of battery time
- 2 hours required charging time
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Provides 30 meter (100ft) wireless range
- Equipped with Class 1 and Class 2 ranges with Bluetooth 5.0 wireless connectivity
Pros of Avantree Ensemble
- Extremely economical pricing
- Soft padding and lightweight
- Upholstery ventilation lets you wear headphones even in warm weather conditions
Cons of Avantree Ensemble
- They lack touch controls
- Do not come with the ANC feature
- Don’t have many extraordinary features
When looking for wireless headphones with transmitter, you will get different varieties in terms of wireless connectivity, range, battery life, and pricing. So if you want headphones and a transmitter with Bluetooth technology, you can opt for Sennheiser RS 120-W, Avantree Opera, or Avantree HT5009. On the other hand, brands like Sennheiser RS 175-U and RS 195-U, Sony WH-RF400, and ANSTEN ADH300NEW offer RF and 2.4 Ghz wireless types.
In terms of pricing, the ADH300NEW seems like a clear winner. However, if you’re searching for some average-price but feature-rich wireless headphone systems, you have options like Opera, RS 120-W, HT5009, and WH-RF400. If budget is not a matter, you can also opt for Sennheiser RS 175-U or Sennheiser RS 195-U.
Q. Do wireless headphones come with a transmitter?
Unfortunately, only a few companies produce wireless headphones with a transmitter. Some of them are Sennheiser, Avantree, Sony, and ANSTEN.
Q. What does a wireless headphone transmitter do?
A transmitter allows your TV or other audio source to stream HD sound to headphones and speakers through RF or Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
Q. Do Bluetooth transmitters work with headphones?
Bluetooth transmitters are compatible with Bluetooth-enabled headphones. In other words, if your headphones are made to receive Bluetooth signals via a transmitter, they will work.